The life sciences sector is an Italian leader in terms of competitiveness, productivity, and R&D investment, and is growing rapidly throughout the world.
In order to exploit the potential of this sector, PLSV focuses on four specialist areas of strategic importance to Liguria. These combine scientific excellence and significant manufacturing output with the potential to generate innovation and economic development.
In the context of these four areas, PLSV is defining its strategic plan and has carried out a series of linked activities during the first 12 months of his life aimed in particular at:
- Support member companies in presenting complex research and development projects to Liguria regional council;
- Cooperating with the University of Genoa in defining and presenting training projects to the regional council, with a view to funding three-year research doctorates;
- Holding three local and national conferences on:
- The health development needs of Liguria, and the opportunities offered by community programming (Genoa, 18 April 2018 - Palazzo della Borsa);
- Silver Economy Liguria: European workshop on opportunities and innovation (Genoa, 21 May 2018 - Palazzo della Meridiana);
- Innovating in healthcare: trends, challenges, opportunities, and risks (Genoa, 18 June 2018 CISEF GASLINI - International Center of Studies and Training Gaslini Germana).
- Coperating actively with the regional council on an update to the Smart Specialization Strategy ;
- Contributing to the activities of the Cluster Nazionale Alisei to connect the region's scientific, economic and production systems nationally and internationally.